To create a party you’ll need to click the Messages icon and click Friends List.
1. To invite a player, click the Create Party link beside their name in your Friends List. They’ll get a message from you. If you’re not on the person’s Friends List – you are now, so they can join. If you are the person requesting others to join, you are the leader. Only the leader can ask others to join a party – else you’re creating separate parties.
2. To join, click the Join link in your Friends List. To decline, click the Decline link – the player who invited you will get a message.
3. Once you’ve joined, the join link turns to a Party link. Click this link to pop a new chat window to chat with the other players in your party.
4. To leave a party, click the Leave link. This only makes you leave a party, everyone else stays. Please don’t drink and drive!
5. To disband your party (only the leader has this option), click the Disband link. This will remove everyone from your party. Get out!
6. You can/should only be in one party at a time.
7. If you are in a party and go street-side (back to the map), all the monsters will be respawned for the party area.
8. XP and gold is divided evenly by the number of players in the party (example: party of 4, for 1000xp, would each get 250 xp).
9. The party leader receives all drop items, so it’s kinda funny to suddenly have 9 horsemint leaves and you didn’t kill any toads…. So be kind and share the goods with your other party members.
10. It is possible to go off (split up) and fight in different buildings, and STILL be in a party. XP and gold will still be divided for each kill, but only those who are present (in the same room of the same building) at the time the monster dies – will get xp and gold. The leader will catch all your monster drop items – so it isn’t worth it really, unless you feel like giving away stuff and getting half xp/gold.
11. Important: Add yourself to your own Friends List, then if no one joins your party, you can click the Leave link and be able to kill the party instance.